The Neilson is near the town of Saint Raymond. Leave town, drive across the bridge that goes over the Ste-Anne river. At the next light, turn right on «Monsenieur Vachon». Drive 5km and turn left on Rang Saguenay. This road turns to dirt and eventually you will get to the entrance of the ZEC Neilson-Batiscan - there is a small entrance fee. A few hundred meters past the entrance there is a bridge over the river which is the take out and you will see infrastructures.
Sample HTML code.
2018 may 11th
10:00-12:00 - Registrations (20$ cash)
13:00 - Pre-Race Meeting
14:00 - Racers start above the Big Eyes rapid
After everyone is done with the race, a friendly boatercross will be held on the paddle out if the water level is high enough. Everyone is welcome, even those who didn't race the big course and want to have fun and make a few strokes. An additional shuttle will be at the take-out to carry the boats to the top of the paddle-out.
Then goes the wild side. Party and results will be held directly on site in the Shannahan parking lot where a tent will be easy to spot. You are welcome to camp there and there will be food available all day.
2019 MAY 11th
The Neilson River Race is the most bad-ass and intense annual race in Quebec.
You and your partner will race a 3km class IV+V section with 6 major rapids.
It is a pure time trial. Each team has one lap to enter their fastest time.
The race starts above Big Eyes rapid and finishes at Double Drop.
Both start & finish lines are accessible to spectators.
CASH GAME: The fee to participate is $20.00/racer. This includes insurances, shuttles for your boat (and probably you too), infrastructures and more.
The fastest team drives back home with the over-cash in their pockets.
**Please note that there is $10.00/car fee for entering the ZEC.
Carpooling is STRONGLY recommanded. You can either meet at the Ti-Oui in Saint-Raymond or carpool right before the ZEC territory at the «Shannaham Welcome Center», on your right few kms before the ZEC's gate.
- You have to be in a team to race.
- Each racer must have proper safety gear to participate in the race (Throw bag, knife, etc).
- Racers must have run the course before racing it.
- Both racers will start at the same time and will have to stay close enough to rescue their partner in case of need.
- Time will stop when the 2nd teammate reaches the finish line.
- No boats longer than 9ft will be accepted.
- If a team occurs to have a swimmer, the racer can get back in his boat and finish the race if he is confident to reach the finish line safely.
- A racer can swim through the finish line if he pulls out after the Double Drop. A 30secs penalty will be added to the team total time.
- All participant must attend the pre-race meeting.
- It's an obligation to help another team in trouble.
For those of you who would like to enjoy this show from the riverside, you are more than welcome. Both start & finish lines are accessible via a flagged trail so you can come and cheer your favorite warriors through their battle.
The Neilson Race is always looking for volunteers. If you want to help the organization please contact us through the contact form. We will need people for safety, start & finish.
The last two editions were stacked with a high-energic crew of volunteers. #NoUsNoRace